First dates, they are very memorable events, and that's a fact that can't be denied. They may arise from a variety of different situations and may mean different things to those involved, but the bottom line is that first impressions are important. A lot of inexperienced people may have asked themselves or even their friends about how to have a good first date.
Whatever your existing thoughts are on what a good first date is, I want you to put them aside for a moment. When the time finally comes and you find yourself dressing up and getting ready to go see that special someone, whether it's your first or even your fifth date with this person, you have to keep these tips in mind so you can make it a good date and ultimately an unforgettable experience.
* Relax as the date starts; get a drink for the both of you. The drink has to go hand in hand with some interesting conversation because that's what really matters. A fine start to the date will surely carry positive vibes all throughout the entire night.
* Be attentive, and this does not just involve your ears, you need to watch out for unspoken words and signs from your date. Look for signs that he/she is uncomfortable or if their having a great time. Over all just be sensitive, a little bit can go a long way.
* Don't think about the date too seriously, It'll just put you under even more pressure. Think of the fact that you are here to get to know each other, have the best time and make the most out of this special event.
* Avoid dominating the conversation. Make it sure that the volume of your voice isn't too high and that you talk with the person in a sincere manner. Be sure to ask a lot of questions about the other person and generally try to keep the focus off yourself. You have to remember that people love it when others listen to them and ask questions.
* No discussions about ex-partners. This isn't rocket science people, nine times out of ten when you ask someone to tell you what they hate hearing about on dates, it's when people talk about their ex-partners.
* Give all of your focus to your date. Do not be too distracted with other people around you, no matter how attractive the man or woman at the next table is. Maintain eye contact and a friendly demeanor so that you show your date that you're having a good time.
* Be witty. Nothing beats having a really fun but wholesome conversation. However don't go overboard with this, learn when to be serious and when it's okay to crack a few jokes.
Although these tips don't cover everything, they will certainly go a long way towards having a memorable date. The best reminder you can give yourself is “I am confident, I am going to have fun and I am going to have a great first date.”